Blackmagic Design Cintel Scanner 2 Overview
The Blackmagic Design Cintel Scanner 2 with 35mm Gate is a self-contained 35mm film scanner that interfaces with DaVinci Resolve. It features a removable precision mechanical film gate, sticky rollers, optics, a high-intensity diffuse light source, and sensor. It is designed with an architectural aesthetic that allows it to neatly fit into most environments, yet takes up only a fraction of the size of a traditional telecine machine.
The Cintel scanner will scan negative and positive 35mm film into HD quality for instant preview of your 4K scans. This is the second generation of the scanner, which replaces the original scanner’s Thunderbolt 2 port with a Thunderbolt 3 port, as well as PCIe connection. The scanner is constructed using aircraft design techniques for a stiff and vibration-free main deck, so you get smooth film handling. The Cintel Scanner includes a 35mm film gate, film spools, a set of four cleaning rollers, desk mount feet, and DaVinci Resolve Studio software. The scanner interfaces directly with DaVinci Resolve, which gives you the power to edit film rolls back together, and scans to be color-graded, reframed, noise-reduced, and audio-extracted. An optional 16mm gate and audio/keycode reader expands the capabilities of your scanner.
- The Cintel film scanner is designed with the latest Blackmagic Design image processing technology and features both a Thunderbolt 3 and PCIe connection, so you can connect it to your computer and scan the film directly into your color correction system.
- Real-Time Scanning
- The real-time 4K film scanner uses Thunderbolt 3, making it super easy to set up and install. The new diffuse high-intensity light source means the Cintel scanner runs at a smooth real-time speed keeping film handling gentle and transfers fast.
- Cintel Quality
- The spherical RGB LED illumination ensures your film is never exposed to unnecessary thermal stress and color fading effects of traditional scanner lamps. In addition, Cintel’s patented diffusing sphere technology reduces the visibility of dust and scratches.
- Easy Control
- You get scanner control software for your Mac that includes everything you need to transfer and capture films to Ultra HD or HD files. Scanned files can also be opened with DaVinci Resolve for further color, restoration, and mastering work.
- Includes DaVinci Resolve
- The Cintel film scanner includes a full copy of DaVinci Resolve Studio software with full color correction features included.